Sous Chef – AC Hotel by Marriott Inverness
Full time contract
Gross annual salary – competitive
We are looking for a fantastic and energetic Sous Chef for our restaurant at our brand new hotel, AC Hotel by Marriott Inverness!
As an enthusiastic Sous Chef you will report to the Head Chef and together you will be leading our team of chefs to ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the (brand) standards.
The restaurant serves quality and seasonal food in the informal and relaxed environment. The restaurant concept will include international street food.
You will be responsible for orders. You will be in charge of service and ensure that the food served is of the high quality standards set by yourself, Operations Manager and the General Manager.
- Leading the kitchen team in absence of the Head Chef
- You will be training them regarding standards, hygiene and quality
- Review of ingredients and deliveries
- Monitoring waste and portion control
- Making sure that food cost is aligned with budget
- Inventing dishes and menu creation, including costings
- Fluent in English, any other language would be an advantage
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Sous chef, Executive Sous Chef
- Highly flexible and able to respond creatively to any situation
- Well organized, clean and resistant to stress
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and ordering platforms (computer skills)
Our ideal candidate
- has a real passion for food
- is flexible
- is creative
- is up to date with latest trends / new products
- has team spirit
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted room rates for you, as well as your Friends and Family, at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Discount on Food & Beverages at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption pay
- Pension scheme
- Twenty eight holidays (annually increasing to max thirty three holidays)
- Competitive salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Social activities
Hotel Co 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
AC Hotels by Marriott® includes over 155 design-led hotels in more than 27 countries and territories. At AC Hotels, every moment has been designed, refined, crafted, and considered to create a comfortable, elevated, and unobtrusive experience that lets guests maximize their travels. The brand focuses on details and experiences that genuinely matter to provide a seamless, intuitive experience that lets travelers live life by design, not by default. The hotels feature purposefully designed signature spaces, most notably the AC Lounge®, which invite locals and travelers alike to collaborate in style during the day or enjoy handcrafted cocktails and tapas at night and the AC Kitchen, offering guests a European-inspired breakfast. The sophisticated AC Guest Rooms and public spaces feature sleek furnishings, curated artwork, and intuitive technology to inspire and connect guests. AC Hotels overthinks the guest’s stay, so they never have to, creating The Perfectly Precise Hotel™ experience. For more information, visit http://www.ac-hotels.com and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. AC Hotels is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments, and unparalleled benefits including free nights and Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.com.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.