Sales Manager for long-stay, lifestyle property in Wroclaw
Accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities.
The Sales Manager is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities primarily for the established element by Westin Wroclaw and for supporting in the management of accounts for Poland and Eastern Europe. Your key focus will be on the Extended stay, Transient room sales and Group segments for corporate and leisure travel for the hotel by contracting local and national companies as well as ensuring inclusion in relevant global travel programmes with a specific focus on identifying and securing suitable opportunities for the hotel.
You will work closely with the Marriott Global Sales Team as well as Hotel Co 51 Sales colleagues to target global and local accounts in the Extended Stay, Business Transient and Group, plus Leisure and Wholesale Markets. You will work with the Hotel Manager and assist in leading all, the day-to-day activities related to driving demand with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable the achievement of the hotel’s revenue objectives.
We will be looking for someone who has proven experience in similar roles and ideally worked within a branded hotel structure. You will need to have a strong commercial outlook on sales and revenue and be very goal orientated. The ability to be a self-starter will be critical to the success of this role.
The role will involve travel as required and the need to meet with clients in a formal virtual basis and in person on a regular basis.
You will report to the Regional Sales Manager Poland.
- Build successful relationships that generate sales opportunities
- Focus on identifying new customers and making them become loyal guests.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers.
- Work collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicated.
- Create awareness of element by Westin Wroclaw and the element by Westin brand with the wider Marriott Community and international buyers to generate leads for both the hotel and the venue.
- Manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage Sales activities
- Participate in individual and joint sales calls to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence as required)
- For the property and venue, produce a Commercial Plan that accurately interprets the objectives of the business and maps out the actions and strategies required within the marketplace to support the positioning of the hotel and Venue.
- Use knowledge of market trends and target customer information to maximize revenue
- Identify new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Continuously research competitor properties to obtain market and rate intelligence and an understanding of business trends, the competition, and their key accounts. Utilize this intelligence to develop strategic plans, ensure the hotels remain competitive in the marketplace and to identify potential business to target.
- Serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Support the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Service our customers in order to grow share of the account.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
The ideal candidate
- Has 2 years pro-active sales experience in Wroclaw or Poland market
- Sales Management within the hotel sector.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Strong negotiator.
- Ideal, but not essential have worked in companies that were an integrated part of international brands.
- Experience working within the Marriott Sales structure is an advantage.
- Language Skills: excellent written and spoken Polish and English.
- Is a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit..
Hotel Co 51 is a growing hotel management company based in Amsterdam and is part of the Vastint Group, who is the owner of the hotels that are operated by us. Currently we are operating 40 hotels under a franchise agreement with Marriott International Inc. under the brands of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, AC Hotels and element by Westin with more to come in the next years.
Marriott International, Inc. is offering the most powerful portfolio in the industry, 30 brands and 7,000+ properties across 131 countries and territories give people more ways to connect, experience and expand their world. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott, and guided by family leadership since 1927, their principles remain embedded in the company’s culture and in everything we do today. The company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland, USA.