Rooms Division Manager – AC Hotel by Marriott Inverness
AC Inverness is recruiting a Rooms Division Manager who will be working closely with the Operations Manager and General Manager to ensure that the hotel is run with success.
The Rooms Division Manager is responsible for the housekeeping department, the Maintenance and upkeep of our fabulous new building, the Front Office, and the Night Teams.
As the Rooms Division Manager you:
- Ensure a a unique guest experience and optimal service delivery, every day.
- Will guide the teams and coach them where necessary.
- Are approachable and take ownership of customer needs, business needs, and your teams needs day to day.
- Have exactly what it takes to set up new procedures and policies to drive the business and operation forward.
- Have an eye for detail and embrace an out of the box mindset to deliver positively outrageous guest experience.
- Are closely involved in revenue maximization through upselling, revenue, cost control and quality improvement.
Each shift brings new challenges, but one thing never changes: you deliver quality and exceed the expectations of the guests (and our fantastic team!).
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Monitor front office financial operations and ensure compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and annual department-wide budgets and forecasts. Review and submit for approval and order capital budget items as required.
- Supervise all guest services team members.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs and direct staff according to information obtained.
- Oversee vendor and personnel contracts throughout the hotel.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Support Team Members in handling guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome.
- Ensure a consistent, high level of customer service and respond to guest complaints and disturbances.
- Supervise accurate and efficient reception operations including check in/out procedures.
- Drive sales revenues and promote hotel services and facilities for up selling opportunities.
- Understand and apply correct finance and hotel credit policy procedures.
- Ensure Team Members have updated knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general Marriott product knowledge necessary to perform their duties.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Conduct training programs on an ongoing basis.
- Follow AC Hotels by Marriott brand standards.
- Act with responsibility in emergency situations
- Minimum two years’ experience in a Front Office Manager role or
- Resident in/close to Inverness (or acceptable travel distance)
- Previously worked in similar management position
- Previous experience in a hotel industry
- Previous experience within Marriott is preferred but not essential.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- System knowledge: OPERA Micros, any Marriott related system is a plus
- Fluent in English, an additional foreign language is a plus!
- Able to work shift work throughout the week.
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted room rates for you, as well as your Friends and Family, at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Discount on Food & Beverages at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption pay
- Pension scheme
- Twenty eight holidays (annually increasing to max thirty two holidays)