For the AC Hotel by Marriott Inverness, we are currently looking for an Operations Manager.
As Operations Manager your focus is on the operation of the hotel, creating the AC Hotels by Marriott experience, adhering to local hotel regulations and overseeing all hotel departments.
You will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day leadership and direction of the hotel, supporting the General Manager/Regional Director of Operations by maximizing financial returns, budgets and goals, to take leadership and to be commercially focused, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on the Marriott brand standards and building awareness of the hotel and brand in the local community.
- You lead the operations of all departments in Rooms Division and Food & Beverage, to maximise financial performance and guest satisfaction while upholding brand standards maintaining the culture of AC Hotels by Marriott as well as Hotel Co 51.
- You love to take initiative and raise service to the next level.
- You enjoy being an inspirational leader with the ability to motivate and train your employees, ensuring a culture of service excellence.
- You are able to review/analyse the existing processes and improve them with a positive approach.
- You understand employee and guest satisfaction results and developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
- You have eagle eyes that can see possible problems before they escalate and can help de-fuse them as soon as possible.
- You have an eye for detail & style, aiming for highest quality.
- You are always available to work operationally in all departments.
- You are keen on optimising up-and cross selling activities and pay close attention to cost control.
- You assist with human resources functions of reporting departments by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development, retention and hiring.
- You ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- You monitor the requests of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors/suppliers etc).
- You randomly inspect the stores to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc).
- You coach and support operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- You review the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
- You create an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- You solicit employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- You ensure property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- You will assist in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RDO.
- You review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Minimum two years’ experience in similar role.
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years mixed managerial experience in the guest services, front desk, F&B, housekeeping
- Resident in/close to Inverness (or acceptable travel distance)
- Previously worked in similar management position
- Previous experience in a hotel industry
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- System knowledge: OPERA Micros, any Marriott related system is a plus
- Fluent in English, an additional foreign language is preferred and a plus
- Able to work morning-, evening- and nightshifts
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted room rates for you, as well as your Friends and Family, at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Discount on Food & Beverages at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption pay
- Pension scheme
- Twenty eight holidays (annually increasing to max thirty two holidays)
*a personality assessment can be part of the recruitment process*
Hotel Co 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
AC Hotels by Marriott® includes over 155 design-led hotels in more than 27 countries and territories. At AC Hotels, every moment has been designed, refined, crafted, and considered to create a comfortable, elevated, and unobtrusive experience that lets guests maximize their travels. The brand focuses on details and experiences that genuinely matter to provide a seamless, intuitive experience that lets travelers live life by design, not by default. The hotels feature purposefully designed signature spaces, most notably the AC Lounge®, which invite locals and travelers alike to collaborate in style during the day or enjoy handcrafted cocktails and tapas at night and the AC Kitchen, offering guests a European-inspired breakfast. The sophisticated AC Guest Rooms and public spaces feature sleek furnishings, curated artwork, and intuitive technology to inspire and connect guests. AC Hotels overthinks the guest’s stay, so they never have to, creating The Perfectly Precise Hotel™ experience. For more information, visit http://www.ac-hotels.com and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. AC Hotels is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments, and unparalleled benefits including free nights and Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.com.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.