Multi-Property Sales Manager – Edinburgh
Multi-Property Sales Manager – Edinburgh
Full time contract with competitive salary.
The Multi-Property Sales Manager is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities, for two hotels in Edinburgh. Moxy Edinburgh Fountainbridge and Moxy Edinburgh Airport. Additional support required at our other Scottish hotels and managing accounts for the wider UK and Europe.
Your key focus will be on the Corporate Transient and Group segments including corporate and leisure for each hotel by contracting local and national companies as well as ensuring inclusion in relevant global travel programmes. You will work closely with the Marriott Global Sales Team, Edinburgh Conference and Events contacts, as well as Hotel Co 51 Sales colleagues to target global and local accounts in the Transient, Group, Leisure and Wholesale Markets. You will assist in leading all day-to-day activities related to driving demand with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel revenue objectives.
We will be looking for someone who has proven experience in similar roles and ideally worked within a branded hotel structure. You will need to have a strong commercial outlook on sales and revenue and be very goal orientated. The ability to be a self-starter will be critical to the success of this role.
The role will involve travel between hotels, across Scotland/UK as well as Continental Europe to meet with clients in a formal virtual basis, in person and at events.
You are reporting to the Regional Director of Sales.
Build successful relationships that generate revenue opportunities
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers.
- Provide travel accommodation solutions for customers.
- Work collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicated.
- Supporting Convention Edinburgh and DMCs for corporate groups.
- Manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus on identifying new customers and turning them into Moxy brand fans.
Manage Sales activities
- Participate in sales calls to acquire new and manage existing accounts and/or close on business.
- Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
- For each property and region, produce a Commercial Plan that accurately interprets the objectives of the business and maps out the actions and strategies required within the marketplace to support the positioning of the hotels.
- Support hotels and in particular their Captains in forecasting as required.
Use knowledge of market trends and target customer information to maximise revenue
- Identify new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Continuously research competitor properties to obtain market and rate intelligence and an understanding of business trends, the competition, and their key accounts. Utilise this intelligence to develop strategic plans, ensure the hotels remain competitive in the marketplace and to identify potential business to target.
- Serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
Provide exceptional customer service
- Support the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Service our customers to grow share of the account.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- A desire to innovate and create. Our guests come to experience a life less ordinary.
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Use sales techniques that maximise revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott.
- Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate
- Has over 2 years pro-active sales experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Sales experience within the UK and specifically the Edinburgh market.
- Strong network within Scotland
- Preferably experience in Travel trade
- Area or multi-property) Sales Management within the Hotel / Serviced Apartment or Hospitality sector
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Strong influencing, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Has worked in companies that were an integrated part of international organisations.
- Experience working within the Marriott Sales structure.
- Is an UK Citizen.
- Is educated to Honours degree Level or has diploma in hospitality
- Language Skills: excellent written and spoken English.
- Is a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Has affinity with Moxy or lifestyle concept and next generation travellers.
Hotel Co 51 is a growing hotel management company based in Amsterdam and is part of the Vastint Group, who is the owner of the hotels that are operated by us. Currently we are operating 40 hotels under a franchise agreement with Marriott International Inc., mainly Moxy Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, AC Hotels and Residence Inn by Marriott. More to come in the next years.
Marriott International, Inc. is offering the most powerful portfolio in the industry, 30 brands and 7,000+ properties across 131 countries and territories give people more ways to connect, experience and expand their world. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott, and guided by family leadership since 1927, their principles remain embedded in the company’s culture and in everything we do today. The company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland, USA.