Learning & Development Manager
Due to the rapid growth of our organisation, we are looking for a proactive and knowledgeable
Learning and Development Manager
to develop strong onboarding plans and training programs.
As Learning and Development Manager, you work with management to identify employee and company-wide development needs. You actively search, identify, creatively design and implement suitable training solutions, onboarding plans and effective methods to recognise performance. You will facilitate the delivery of Marriott training programs, also in the pre-opening phase of our new hotels. You measure and track the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
This position is based in our head office in Amsterdam-Zuidoost. You report to the People & Talent Manager.
Leading by example
- Train new hires on our Code of Conduct.
- Train managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Work effectively as a team member with the other HR staff and members of management.
Developing onboarding plans, training and recognition programs
- Develop strong onboarding programs for new hires, customised to their role and country
- Follow-up and track PDPs and training for staff and review with Capt and GMs
- Work with managers to develop and implement or adjust appropriate training to improve performance, based on guest satisfaction and performance gaps
- Establish development programs to expand their skills and knowledge, to enable them to advance their career at Hotel Co 51.
- Create and launch employee recognition programs
- Obtain and/or develop effective training materials utilising a variety of media.
- Establish guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Work with talent management to identify training plans to develop a strong pipeline of future talent.
Informing and administering employee training programs
- Promote and inform employees about all internal and external training programs.
- Develop and maintain organisational communications such as newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Plan, organise, facilitate and order supplies for employee development and training events.
- Organise inhouse trainings, like the (Marriott) trainings before the opening of a new hotel.
- Fully understand and be able to direct colleagues to the right areas of Training on Marriott DLZ
- Keep track of completion
Evaluating training programs effectiveness
- Conduct follow-up studies of completed trainings to evaluate and measure results.
- Partner with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
- Review guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
Managing training budget
- Participate in the development of the Training budget as required.
- Manage budget in alignment with Human Resources and Hotel Co 51’s financial goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development plans.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Knowledge of Marriott Training programs could be an advantage
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Practical work experience in hospitality is a plus.
- Five years+ of experience designing and implementing employee development programs in service industry.
We do not offer visa sponsorship and we ask you to please not apply if you are not eligible to work in the Netherlands.
About Hotel Co 51
Hotel Co. 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 40+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
About Marriott International Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.