Kitchen Porter – Part-time
As a keen and enthusiastic Kitchen Porter, you will keep things organised and clean so that Chefs can perform their duties efficiently.
Your job is crucial and without someone on hand to keep things running smoothly, other kitchen staff could easily fall behind.
You will be responsible for:
- Cleaning and sterilising countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks
- Cleaning the entire kitchen once it is closed to ensure it is ready for the next day
- Maintaining the food storage areas like freezers and refrigerators
- Receiving deliveries and organising them in the kitchen
- Washing dirty dishes like cutlery, pots, cutting boards and pans or loading dishes into the dishwasher
- Removing kitchen waste from waste containers and disposing of them properly
- Cleaning and maintaining cooking equipment like cookers, pots and food mixers
- Supporting the Chef in basic food preparation like cutting ingredients, peeling and washing food items
- Providing assistance to Prep Cooks and other kitchen staff, as needed
Our ideal candidate
- Is flexible and creative
- Has a real passion for food
- Has team spirit
- Has a minimum of 1 year experience
- Is fluent in English
- Is interested in all areas of the kitchen
- Is ambitious to grow within the company
- Is adaptive to every situation in hospitality
- Is well organized and resistant to stress!
If you’ve never worked in a kitchen before, don’t worry.
For this role, we’re looking for someone with a great personality and a can-do attitude.
If that sounds like you, get in touch today and apply below!
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted room rates for you, as well as your Friends and Family, at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Discount on Food & Beverages at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption pay
- Pension scheme
- Twenty-eight holidays (annually increasing to max thirty-three holidays) pro-rata
*a personality assessment can be part of the recruitment process*
Hotel Co 51 is a growing hotel management company based in Amsterdam and is part of the Vastint Group, who is the owner of the hotels that are operated by us. Currently we are operating more than 30 hotels under a franchise agreement with Marriott International Inc., mainly Moxy Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn by Marriott. More to come in the next years.
MOXY Hotels is Marriott’s youngest brand, which opened the first hotel in Milan, Italy, September 2014. MOXY HOTELS are designed to capture the rapidly emerging next-generation traveller. The brand combines contemporary, stylish design, approachable service, latest technology and, most importantly, an affordable price. It’s the new way of travelling!
Marriott International, Inc. is offering the most powerful portfolio in the industry, 30 brands and 7,000+ properties across 131 countries and territories give people more ways to connect, experience and expand their world. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott, and guided by family leadership since 1927, their principles remain embedded in the company’s culture and in everything we do today. The company is headquartered outside of Washington, D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland.