Hotel Meeting & Groups Coordinator
The Hotel Meeting & Groups Coordinator is a confident, organised, and proactive support for the hotel. You are the key point of contact between guests, the reservations department and the hotel for Meeting, Groups, and banqueting. You are the contact person for the meetings from the operational point of view.
- Take over the meeting/groups booking from the reservations department as soon as the quotation is signed, however still make sure that reservations stay in the loop in case of any changes.
- Prepares the room list for each week.
- Manages the operational preparation for all meeting and events in the hotel, including guest deposits, Invoicing, cut-off dates, operations and contact relationships.
- Be aware of the agreed prices for each type of meeting to book last-minute meeting requests.
- Checks for accuracy on all booking sheets & contracts to verify they are in accordance with operational guidelines (e.g., inventory, availability, operating procedures.)
- Take meeting and events enquires and any room bookings alongside them.
- responsible for keeping all the heads of department informed about business.
- Order or rent meeting equipment when necessary
- Broad understanding of facility management including ability to manage guest room, dining and meeting space inventories.
- Be knowledgeable of overall hotel operations and the impact meetings may have on other departments.
- Host meeting and event’s and assist with the operation. You will either host during the event or makes sure there is someone else dedicated to the event.
- Coordinates all pertinent information with the relevant hotel associates and makes sure everything is prepared accordingly.
- Discuss group dinners with the kitchen and restaurant.
- Conduct post meeting reviews with clients to review improvements for the future and built relationships.
- Answer reviews from guests linked to the Restaurant.
- Generate reports and analytics about the generated F&B
- Prepare reservations list in restaurant.
- Makes sure the Conference & Banqueting is always well maintained and fully equipped of tech and working materials.
- A focus on detail is an important trait.
- Proactive ambassador for the hotel with fantastic guest service
- Express yourself, but be clear in written and verbal communications in English and preferably Dutch.
- Have a positive, open mind, and approach all tasks this way
- Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve processes that will enhance team productivity and business results
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of authenticity and ethical standards
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information
- Top Communication ability
- Knowledge with Opera
- Hot on Microsoft Office applicationslike Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Curious and quick on new online tools that improve speed and efficiency
- Strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of Symphony is a plus
- Experience with booking leisure / tour series is a plus
- Ready to push people to do prepare everything and deliver the right service
The Future for you
- This role is a great way to progress within reactive and proactive sales roles or into operations within a growing, ambitious company.
- Training and support is available through Marriott resources and internal 1:1 development programs within the company
- Fully supportive sales culture within the whole team. We have an abundance of high-level talent to reach out to and learn skills from
What do you know?
- Preferred minimum 1 years’ experience of supervisory roles
- Experience handling Meeting & Events is preferred
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- Travel allowance as of 5 KM distance Discounted room rates for you, as well as your Friends and Family, at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Discount on Food & Beverages at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Free lunch when working in the hotel
- PH&C Pension scheme
- Twenty-five holidays
About Hotel Co 51
Hotel Co. 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
About Courtyard by Marriott
Courtyard by Marriott is the hotel brand of choice for trailblazing guests who are inspired by a passion to do great things. With more than 1,200 locations in 60 countries and territories, Courtyard is passionate about empowering its guests and serving the needs of travellers everywhere, no matter the purpose of their trip. Its thoughtfully designed guestrooms provide an elevated experience to relax and recharge, complete with plush bedding and flexible workspaces. Guests are able to work, eat well, connect, and be at their best to keep moving forward to succeed. Courtyard is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including free nights and Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.com. For more information or reservations, visit courtyard.marriott.com, become a fan on Facebook or follow @CourtyardHotels on Twitter.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 8,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 138 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.