The Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow SEC is currently recruiting for a Hotel Manager.
Reporting to the Cluster General Manager, your focus is on the operation of the hotel, creating the Courtyard by Marriott experience, adhering to local hotel regulations and overseeing all hotel departments.
We are looking for an energetic multitasker who leads from the front to maintain an efficient hotel operation and inspires their team to overdeliver for guests by working hard and having fun. Maintains high standards, has an eye for detail, as well as a sound business understanding. Builds relationships with key partners and welcomes activity into the hotel by bringing the Courtyard brand to life, creating a fun and relaxed environment that makes guests feel at home.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day hotel operations.
- Customer service, guest relations and creating positive guest experiences.
- Recruits and develops a team that delivers excellent service to align with our Courtyard by Marriott core brand values.
- Ensure a profitable hotel operation in line with company goals.
- Manage the team effectively and enforce company policies and standards.
- Actively involved in the day to day tasks of the team.
- Managing Food & Beverage within the Brand guidelines.
- Manage hotel room inventory and overseeing the Front Desk to ensure a perfect Courtyard by Marriott stay.
- Follow all food safety, licensing and health and safety policies to ensure Health and Safety compliance.
- Promote and support the Courtyard brand and the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
- Responsible for all aspects of HR processes within the hotel, including payroll.
We are looking for:
- A high energy individual, who leads from the front.
- Good with people and enjoys chatting with guests.
- A skilled multi-tasker who can balance hard work with great service.
- A proactive professional, focused on driving team goals.
- Clear communicator fluent in English.
- Must have minimum 2 years hotel management experience
- Must have property management system (preferably Opera) experience
- Knowledge of Point of Sale system (Preferably Micros)
- Knowledge of Food Safety & Licensing laws
- Knowledge of maintaining brand standards
- Event management, marketing or social media experience
- Personal experience of travel and travel industry
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- A Health Cash Plan covering multiple annual wellness costs
- Discounted room rates for you, as well as your Friends and Family, at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Discount on Food & Beverages at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Pension scheme
- Twenty eight holidays (annually increasing to max thirty three holidays)
*a personality assessment can be part of the recruitment process*
Hotel Co 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
Courtyard by Marriott is the hotel brand of choice for trailblazing guests who are inspired by a passion to do great things. With more than 1,200 locations in 60 countries and territories, Courtyard is passionate about empowering its guests and serving the needs of travelers everywhere, no matter the purpose of their trip. Its thoughtfully designed guestrooms provide an elevated experience to relax and recharge, complete with plush bedding and flexible workspaces. Guests are able to work, eat well, connect, and be at their best to keep moving forward to succeed. Courtyard is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including free nights and Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.com. For more information or reservations, visit courtyard.marriott.com, become a fan on Facebook or follow @CourtyardHotels on Twitter.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.