Guest Service Manager
Guest Service Manager – Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow SEC
Full time contract
We are looking for a Guest Service Manager who will be working closely with the Hotel Manager and General Manager to ensure that the hotel runs perfectly for all our guests.
The Guest Service Manager is the heart of the hotel, ensuring the team provide fantastic service levels in all departments, as well as providing the necessary training for the teams in the Courtyard brand.
Together with the team you ensure a unique guest experience and optimal service every day. You guide the teams and coach them where necessary. You are the first point of contact for our team on support for all things service. Do you notice that some procedures do not fully meet the needs of the guest? Then you know exactly what it takes to set up new procedures.
You know how to transfer your knowledge and sense of responsibility to the team. You are also closely involved in revenue maximization through upselling, revenue, cost control and quality improvement.
Each shift brings new challenges, but one thing never changes: you deliver quality and exceed the expectations of the guests (and the team!).
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Monitor operations and ensure compliance with accounting controls and procedures.
- Ensure training compliance for all hotel departments.
- Supervise all guest service team members.
- Review correspondence from guests and incident logs and direct staff according to information obtained.
- Monitor occupancy of guest room space to ensure most efficient use.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Support Team Members in handling guest requests and enquires to ensure a positive outcome.
- Ensure a consistent, high level of customer service and respond to guest complaints and disturbances.
- Supervise accurate and efficient reception operations including check in/out procedures.
- Drive sales revenues and promote hotel services and facilities for up selling opportunities, especially in the F&B operation.
- Ensure Team Members have updated knowledge of all room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area and other general Marriott product knowledge necessary to perform their duties.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Conduct training programs on an ongoing basis.
- Follow Courtyard by Marriott brand standards.
- Act with responsibility in emergency situations
- Minimum two years’ experience in a Manager role
- Previously worked in similar management position
- Previous experience in a hotel industry
- Previous experience within Marriott is preferred but not essential.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- System knowledge: OPERA Micros, any Marriott related system is a plus
- Able to work flexible shifts throughout the week.
BENEFITS FOR YOU!
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted room rates for you, as well as your Friends and Family, at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Discount on Food & Beverages at Marriott hotels worldwide
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption pay
- Pension scheme
- Twenty eight holidays (annually increasing to max thirty three holidays)
Hotel Co. 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
Courtyard by Marriott is the hotel brand of choice for trailblazing guests who are inspired by a passion to do great things. With more than 1,200 locations in 60 countries and territories, Courtyard is passionate about empowering its guests and serving the needs of travelers everywhere, no matter the purpose of their trip. Its thoughtfully designed guestrooms provide an elevated experience to relax and recharge, complete with plush bedding and flexible workspaces. Guests are able to work, eat well, connect, and be at their best to keep moving forward to succeed. Courtyard is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including free nights and Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit MarriottBonvoy.com. For more information or reservations, visit courtyard.marriott.com, become a fan on Facebook or follow @CourtyardHotels on Twitter.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.