Groups & Event Planner
The Groups & Event Planner is a confident, organised, detailed orientated support for our Hotels and fantastic brands Moxy, AC by Marriott, Courtyard and Residence Inn team and is a buzzy point of contact between customers and hotels, this role is key to the success of the company.
Manages all rooms aspects of assigned groups and uses discretion and judgement in dealing with group contacts, both on the phone and in an operational environment, including any contractual obligations. Manages the receipt and entry of each group rooming list prior to or by the proposed deadline outlined in the contract, verifying, documenting, and releasing any unused room or attraction inventory back for general sale. Works with Revenue Management on ensuring the Group ceiling is maximised, manages client expectations when requests for more rooms are made in inventory will be checked for availability and any discrepancies will be communicated to the client at the time of rooming list entry.
- Manages the operational preparation for all group bookings, including guest deposits, Invoicing, room blocks, rooming list, cut-off dates, waitlist, overflow accommodations, rooming requests, contact relationships and ticketing needs
- Checks for accuracy on all booking sheets, contracts to verify that they are in accordance with operational guidelines (e.g., inventory, availability, rate structure, and operating procedures, such as deadlines for deposits, rooming list)
- Broad understanding of facility management including ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect each hotel for which they are planning events
- Produces Banqueting Event Orders
- Maintains organized, accurate files on each group account and monitors of the course of action for each account daily
- Manages commission requests and posts Marriott Bonvoy points
- Provides various updates to Group Sales Leader and communications to Sales, and Revenue Management
- Acts as primary Rooms Division contact in advance planning meeting, communicating all pertinent information to the Hotel Capt. GM, assistants, Crew Leaders as relevant Revenue Management, and Accounting
- Manages the receipt and entry of each group rooming list prior to or by the proposed deadline outlined in the contract, verifying, documenting, and releasing any unused room or attraction inventory back for general sale Checks any increases in inventory for availability and any discrepancies will be communicated to the client at the time of rooming list entry
- Attends virtually any pre-event meetings as relevant, Bill Reviews and hotel visits for familiarisation
- Manages all rooms aspects of assigned groups and uses discretion and judgement in dealing with group contacts, both on the phone and in an operational environment, including any contractual obligations
- Supporting on forecasts for group sleeping rooms and event revenue for assigned groups
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by understanding customer’s needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs
- Supports the company’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Services customers to grow share of the account
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs
Who are you?
- Check accuracy of documents and data for sharing
- A focus on detail is an important trait
- Express yourself, but be clear in written and verbal communications
- Have a positive, open mind, and approach all tasks this way
- Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve processes that will enhance team productivity and business results
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of authenticity and ethical standards
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information
- Top Communication ability
- A whizz with Opera Express and Opera Sales & Catering
- Hot on Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel (got to love those spreadsheets!), Word (the best for proposals!), PowerPoint (your presentations pop!) and Outlook (you use all the tools!)
- Curious and quick on new online tools that improve speed and efficiency of Rooming lists
- Strong organisational skills
The Future for you
- This role is an great way to progress into reactive and proactive sales roles or into operations within a growing, ambitious company
- Training and support is available through Marriott developments and internal 1:1 with your line manager
- Fully supportive sales culture within the whole team – lots of high level talent to reach out to and learn skills from
What do you know?
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Preferred minimum of 2 years’ experience in hotels either Front Office, Reservations, Group or Guest facing Services
About Hotel Co 51
Hotel Co. 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.