Group Sales Executive
As Group Sales Executive you are part of the Group Reservations department and in this position you are responsible for maximizing revenue through increased bookings across all segments and for all our hotels across all brands (Moxy Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott).
You will provides an efficient and effective process to quickly handle customer enquiries within pre-defined parameters.
You will communicates booking information to all relevant departments.
You will effectively present and sell all Group and Meeting products as relevant for our hotels which meet customer needs.
- Convert business through proposal, negotiation and contractual agreement to ensure all revenue potential and targets are achieved
- Liaise closely with clients to establish needs and expectations and maintain records to develop sales opportunities
- Responds to telephone/email inquiries/ requests for group business in the defined timeline
- Create and maintain accurate customer meeting/event records in Opera capture feedback and make suggestions for adapting offering
- Suggests positive alternatives through cross-referral, and ensures that business booked is within hotel parameters. Processes all correspondence within acceptable agreed time frames
- Monitor developments, innovations and best practice across the estate and competitor organizations and implement any process that will improve sales performance
- Ensure follow up takes place with clients and opportunities are sought for repeat bookings
- Support other hotel associates on their development of sales awareness and selling skills
- Prepares and maintains accurate account information and profiles in Opera
- Ensure that all sales opportunities are effectively cross-referred where possible using the appropriate cross-sell
- Produces contracts, proposals, BEO’s and other related booking documentation
- Ensure strong knowledge of cluster Conference & Events products and selling strategies
- Utilizes selling skills to book all aspects of meeting in one phone call
- Proficiency in meeting room set-ups, basic A/V, and other support services
- Strong knowledge of all hotels in the cluster; selling features, benefits and objectives
- Understanding of contract management and legalities
- Maximize revenue by up-selling creative F&B as relevant and other event options
- Understand need hotels strategy as developed by revenue management
- Understand and achievement of team and individual goals
- Systems and software knowledge (Opera, Microsoft Office, Internet, Marriott Global Source)
- Perceive the wider impact of issues on the immediate business environment
- Communicate the vision in the way that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment
- Focus on the customer and find ways to meet, exceed their expectations
- Build productive relationships with colleagues both internally and externally
- Identify and manage the best resources to effectively deliver project plans
- You have previous experience within a Reactive Group and Event sales administration environment
- You have Sales and coordination experience with relevant comparable market knowledges
- You have strong administrative and interpersonal skills
- You have understanding of sales data and its use
- You have a proven record of sales achievement
- You are proactive
Skills and Knowledge
- Good selling skills and understanding of sales processes; able to provide solutions for customers Group & Event needs
- Possesses excellent telephone sales and writing skills
- Good customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of all Marriott lodging products and brand strategies
- Basic understanding of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Understanding of food trends, food and beverage composition.
- Good sales skills to upsell products and services
- Ability to manage and balance group and local business
- Basic knowledge of group business
- Ability to understand sales strategies for multiple properties
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all Hotel Co 51 brands
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Good problem-solving skills
- Clear communicator fluent in English (and other languages a plus!)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems with preference for SFA, Opera, MARSHA etc.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
About Hotel Co 51
Hotel Co. 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.