Regional Controller Germany
Hotel Co 51 is a hotel management and development Company. Hotel Co 51 operates hotels in
franchise agreement with Marriott International in Europe.
The German portfolio currently consists of 13 properties. Our hotels are under the brands Moxy and
Residence Inn by Marriott, operating in the main cities in airport, urban and sub-urban locations.
The German Cluster Finance team is looking for a Regional Controller Germany, to lead the team of
6 associates between Frankfurt and Munich area.
Main responsibility and contents
Hotel Co 51 Germany Finance team oversees the finance, controlling and reporting of 13 hotels and
a legal entity in Germany in 360 degrees prospective: support to the daily operation of the hotels,
assist in the opening phase for new projects, monthly reporting, Forecasting & Budgeting, deployment
in German of any new legal or operational standard requested by Hotel Co 51 Group or local
In the position of Regional Controller, you will assume full responsibility for:
- Coordinate and review the Monthly reporting of the 13 hotels in line with deadline and company
- Preparation and submission of the periodic reporting package to the parent company
- Collaboration with payroll department, for reconciliation, payments and compliance
- Review of the cash flow, with focus on cash handling, credit collection, credit cards payments
- Plan and execute hotel visits in order to provide support and review the respect of policies
- Support of operation in supplier research and appointment
- Perform credit review for new clients
- Liaise with local stakeholders (bank, municipality, customs, etc.).
Tax & compliance
- Guarantee the compliance with all the tax & statutory deadlines, in collaboration with an external
- Prepare the financial statement of Hotel Co 51 Germany GmbH together with accountant and
- Monitor the tax & legal landscape of the entity in order to promote and coordinate the necessary
changes/ adjustments required in the current processes
- Liaise with tax authorities and external auditors
- Assist in the implementation and development of SOPs ensuring the financial integrity of the
data’s and the entity
- Periodic meetings with Group Financial Controller and other Regional Controller to share the
best practice and promote continuous improvement of standards and processes.
- Assist the hotel manager in the preparation of the monthly budget and forecast, provide insights
and discussing main assumption and goals, in line with company global targets
- Coordinate the communication and the flow of information between all the departments involved
in the financial processes
- Collaboration with Group Business & Financial controllers: provide information and report
about trends and variations for the entire portfolio or specific hotels
- Lead and monitor the execution of actions in response to issues.
- Be in charge of recruitment or resources for the local team
- Manage and coach the team members, focusing on increasing autonomy, delegation and
sharing of expertise.
- Speaks fluently German and good English
- Has previous working experience in finance roles in Germany
- Preferably has previous experience in hospitality industry
- Has a critical attitude and problem solving approach
- Is eager to work in a fast moving environment with growing volumes and opportunity to
define internal control framework and processes
- Has a professional Qualification in (business) economics and/or accounting.
What Hotel Co 51 offers
- A Lean and mean company where everyone can make a difference every day
- A diverse and inclusive work environment and colleagues
- Package to be discussed during interview
- Access to Marriott Employee Rates and Marriott Friends & Family rates in Marriott hotels
across the world.
About Hotel Co 51
Hotel Co. 51 is a fast-growing, European hotel operator of Moxy Hotels, Courtyard By Marriott, Residence Inn, and AC Hotels by Marriott. Founded in Amsterdam in 2020 to support development and operations for the new hotel openings, it is currently operating 35+ properties in 8 countries (The Netherlands, France, UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Norway and Poland) and expanding its reach with new properties in key markets. The company´s pipeline includes hotels in European strategic cities and airports. To learn more about Hotel Co 51, visit hotelco51.com.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly-awarded travel program.